Welcome to Maude Downey Consulting
Contribute to the health of populations and the environment through endeavours that are evidence-based, ethical and compassionate.
Motivate, influence and enable social and behavioural change. Potentiate actions of others through well-developed resources.
A knowledgeable collaborator . . .
With a useful package of competencies . . .
- I manage large projects with multi-author input, from conception to production.
- I have excellent organizational and technical skills.
- I anticipate issues and plan for contingencies.
|Project Conception||I advise on content and best media taking into consideration message, target audience, budget, timeframe etc. I ensure the widest target audience is considered.|
|Research||I research for evidence-based content, and conduct literature reviews.|
|I write to the target audience, and ensure content is clear, appropriate, accurate, and complete.
I edit in stages — substantive and stylistic editing, copy editing, proofing.
|Translation||I verify the French translation against the English text. I translate from French to English.|
|Design, Production||I design and structure content so it is easy to access, use and update.
I use graphics to enhance understanding and impact.
I produce final product for print (using Microsoft Word or InDesign) or for the Web.
|Training||I produce training materials and deliver sessions.|
- I review program methods and tools against sound theories regarding the target group and goals.
- I ensure that all program materials (proposal, manuals, reports etc.) are accurate, complete and very easy to follow.
- I promote developmental evaluation to ensure the best use of resources and best outcomes. I help develop evaluation tools (e.g., a logic model) early in the process to help insure inputs are relevant to the goal.
- I create customized tools to help track input and processes in a way that is easy to update and to share among stakeholders.